Guest post by:
Rachel M. Decker, Executive Director, HAVEN Foundation and Director of Development, HAVEN
As we reflect on this past year, we are thankful to have been able to serve survivors of domestic and sexual violence by providing:
- Safe shelter for those living in fear.
- Compassionate counseling with a focus on safety.
- Comprehensive care and support to victims immediately following a sexual assault.
- Skilled court advocates offering support for those moving through the legal system or in need of immediate crisis intervention after an assault.
- Support and information via the Crisis and Support Line 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
- Education to help create a culture where domestic and sexual violence do not exist.
Through these and our other programs — including help securing a personal protection order; support groups; and art and play therapy — we have helped countless survivors, like Lynn, create fresh beginnings and safer lives.
Every day we work to support survivors and throughout our 40-year history our efforts have changed the lives of our friends and neighbors. But, none of this important work would be possible without your critical financial support. And because our work is ongoing, we need your support to ensure that we are able to provide help and hope to those who so desperately need it. Click here to make your tax-deductible gift today.