Gratitude is a word frequently used and heard at HAVEN. A friend of mine has started posting a daily moment of gratitude on her Facebook page, pointing out that gratitude comes in both small and large forms. So I jump into the gratitude movement with the start of my own list:
- I am grateful for my family who accept me, flaws and all.
- I am grateful to have the opportunity, each and every day, to work for a cause I am passionate about and am also surrounded by other equally passionate individuals.
- I am grateful that I have a warm, comfortable and safe home to come to at the end of the day, where I can rejuvenate, rest, and be me.
- I am grateful that I still have both my parents in my life and to feel their love and support each and every day.
- I am grateful that I have lots of young children in my life, allowing me to see the future and giving me cause to work harder today.
- I am grateful that I work for an organization that is supported by so many wonderful and committed volunteers and supporters. Each and everyone adds fuel to our passion and therefore our work.
- I am grateful for the many donors that make a financial commitment to ending violence against women and children. I am grateful for the trust that comes from your contribution, allowing us to go forward as best as we can to make a difference.
- I am grateful that HAVEN exists, that I am here with this amazing team of staff and volunteers. Each time I walk through our counseling center lobby, visit our shelter, and see the faces of the people we serve, I am grateful that I have been given the opportunity to serve.
What are you thankful for?
On behalf of all of us at HAVEN, I wish you and yours a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.